Windows is the product of Microsoft which is used by most of the computer users. It has many versions such as Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista. Micro soft always include new features in all versions of windows for the best of its user. To use latest and new features and technology of the windows user needs to update windows but it became problematic if there is any issue in the user system. Windows update has some terms and condition such as it must connect with internet and windows files must not damaged or corrupt. If you update windows then all files such as windows driver, dll files etc updated and fully support windows to run different latest softwares.
About Windows update Error:-
Windows update errors occurs on the user system during the windows update. When these errors occur in the system they stop windows update and unless user fixes windows error he/she can’t update windows. Sometime before starting windows update user make some mistake such as windows service is not started, connection is not successfully completed, memory has no spaces to store downloads files so windows stopped in the middle of processing for update and gives the error message with some codes. Every code has its own meaning so that user can easily understand that what is the cause of the error and how it will be removed. Some of the windows update error code is given as-
80072efe, 80246005, 80246008, 80070422, FFFFFFFF, 8024200d, 80242016 etc.
There are many causes of windows update error but some of them are given as:-
- i) Connection interruption:- It is the common issues which may occur update error. Since windows updated online so it is compulsory to use internet connection but sometime cables, router and modems have some problems such as old cable, missing in router, modem not installed successfully so gives the error.
- ii) Windows update Services is not start:- Before starting windows update it is compulsory to start Windows update Services which is located in Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Services\Windows Update. If it is not start then it will became problematic.
- iii) Corrupt registry files:- Registry files store information of all application stored in the system and play an important role for windows. If it is corrupted or damaged then it will protect to update windows.
- iv) Missing Windows Configuration:- Every program such as softwares, applications depend on windows configuration, if windows is not well configured or not installed successfully then it may be the cause of windows update.
- v) Injection of Malicious Programs:- Malicious programs such as virus, Trojan, worms, adware etc entered in the system by user mistake and corrupt the component of windows and also stop Windows update Services.
If you are getting windows update error then it is recommended to fix them quickly for the best of windows and your system. Errors are the indication before happening something wrong. So never take it easy.
Understand the problem and its actual cause and try to remove it. Some common steps are given for your best:-
- i) Check the connection:- Before starting update make sure that there are no problems in connection. For this check cables, routers and modem. If modem is not installed successfully then uninstall it and try again to install successfully because it plays an important role.
- ii) Restore your system:- It is a common solution of windows update error because when you restore the system it changed in default setting and if you have changed any setting of the windows they will be removed.
- iii) Use latest Windows Driver:- Windows driver internally connected with hardware devices, software and operating system and they send the instruction of softwares to hardware devices so it is compulsory to use latest drivers so that it cans support system smoothly.
- iv) Stop other running programs :- Before starting windows update stops all background running programs such as firewalls, anti-virus, games etc because they disturb update and became the cause of windows update error.
- v) Remove malicious programs:- Malicious programs such as virus, worms, parasites etc disturb the system and damage system files so before starting windows update check that your system is not injected by these programs. For this you can scan your system and if any found then delete all.