Error Code 0x8024402C is one of the errors which you occasionally receive in Windows 8 Operating system. You get this update error when you try to tie with the Windows Update website to install updates. This error generates because of the incorrect proxy or firewall settings and in this condition, the link of the client computer to the Microsoft Windows Update Servers gets failed. If you are receiving this error continuously and not getting any perfect solution to fix this error then don’t get vexed if you try you can easily fix this error just by following given below features.
Why Windows Update Error Code 0x8024402C occurs?
- When the settings in proxy and firewall get incorrect or due to the wrong character survive in the proxy override settings.
- The second reason for generating this windows update error is the virus which gets installed in your system without taking your acquiescence and destroys your registry files.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to connect Windows Update Website to install updates for windows then unable to connect it and also get the error message that is “Windows Update Error Code 0x8024402C.”
How to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8024402C?
To overcome from this windows update error you have eliminate the characters from the proxy exception lists and also lucid the proxy cache and follow the given below steps to do this:-
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu and from the Tools menu click on Internet Options.
- You can also open Internet Options by pressing Alt key, if this menu in not present in the Internet Explorer.
- From the connections tab, click on the LAN settings then click on Advanced option.
- Now from the Exceptions section delete all the entries then click ok and then close up the Internet Explorer.
- Then go and click on the start button then type cmd in the start search box and then press enter.
- When the program lists opens then right click on the Cmd.exe then click “Run as Administrator.”
- If there is requirement of password then enter the password and then click on continue option. Then type the given below commands:-
netsh winhttp reset proxy
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
- And then hit enter after typing each command.
- Now take again steps to install updates for windows.
This windows update error 0x8024402C can be solved automatically, if you use third party repair tool. This tool supports not only Windows 8 operating system but also supports all the versions of Microsoft windows operating system and also has power to remove dangerous programs from your system completely.