It could be frustrating when the computer system is not operating as expected and such is the case of error VBE6EXT with this information “VBE6EXT.OLB could not be loaded”.
Perhaps you always get this message when trying to start your Solidworks program which runs on Microsoft windows.
The error can also occur when you try to install or re-install certain programs such as Visual basic program, so it could mean different things, consequently, different solutions.
Effects of VBE6EXT.OLB error
It can lead to the slow performance of the system and occurrence of blue screen.
Causes of VBE6EXT.OLB error
It is possibly due to corrupted Microsoft office applications or the VBE6EXT.OLB that was supposed to run the Solidworks program is corrupted or error in the system files.
However, you can make use of these solutions:
Solutions to fix VBE6EXT.OLB could not be loaded
You can run a command that can fix system issues. Follow these steps to run the command:
- Go to start
- Click on “all programs”
- Then click on accessories
- Click on “command prompt”
- Right click on “command prompt”
- Run as administrator
- Then type this command “sfc/scan now” on the command prompt
You can re-register the Visual basic extensibility, VBE6EXT.OLB, by following these steps:
- click start
- type “command prompt” on “search and program files”
- then run as administrator
- Type this command prompt meticulously “regsvr32-u “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBE6EXT.OLB”, ensure this input follow the exact location of where the file is on your computer.
The cause of this error can be as a result of the corrupted Microsoft office and you can rectify that by following the steps provided below:
- Click start
- Go to control panel
- Then click on programs
- Click on program and features
- Right click on Microsoft office
- Then click change
- Click on repair
- The repair process will start
- Restart system once you confirm the process has finished
The Solidworks program may need to uninstalling then re-installing. Follow the steps below to uninstall the program:
- Click on windows button and “R” simultaneously
- Then type Solidworks program
- Uninstall Solidworks program
- Then try installing it. After successful removal of the program.
Note: you can repair the Solidworks program if there is an option to repair, otherwise uninstall.
There is nothing as frustrating as a malfunctioning computer system and the VBE6EXT.OLB which comes with the message VBE6EXT.OLB could not be loaded is not an exception.
Many things can be the cause of the problem such as corrupted Solidworks, corrupted Microsoft office, error the in the registry or system files
And you can fix the VBE6EXT.OLB error by uninstalling the Microsoft office or changing the configuration settings of the Microsoft office or using the command prompt window to fix the system files and re-register the visual basic extensibility.
One of these should help remove the error and restore your system to its normal state.